Can Potassium Gluconate taken with Lisinopril and Hydrochlorot cause eye swelling?
it could be various causes
an allergic reaction is possible because of the combined symptoms of swelling and rash but other important causes will have to be excluded. I would have tested a patient like you for sodium, potassium, urea, creatinine because kidney disease may also cause the swelling. Lisinopril may cause acute renal failure to some patients (with coexistent bilateral renal vascular disease).
It's not a good idea to use potassium supplements without knowing the exact blood levels of it. Excess potassium can be even fatal.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Potassium gluconate does make urinate alot
- Potassium gluconate vs citrate
- Potassium gluconate bulimia
- What are the side effects of potassium gluconate?
- Side effect of Potassium gluconate
- Usage of Potassium gluconate
- Potassium gluconate 595 mg side effects
- Lisinopril and potassium gluconate
- Has elevated enzymes ever occur in patients taken lisinopril
- Taking potassium gluconate to supplement low sodium diet dosage