Can Ponstan postpone periods?
Wait for a few more days,spotting at first,then,clear blood...
Ponstan (the generic mephenamic acid) is an anti-inflammatory and pain killer medication. It can reduce the pain during menstrual cycle. It works by stopping the production of prostaglandin (a hormone like substance), which is a vasodilatator and can cause heavy periods.
If you have suffered of heavy periods, the doctor prescribed to take 2 to 3 days before your due date. They won't stop your periods because it is not a hormone, but will reduce bleeding.
You should wait for a few more days for bleeding to start. Perhaps you won't see a clear blood but only spotting for the first day, until full bleeding will appear.
Hope it answered to your query! Let me know if you need further clarifications!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ponstan medication does it stop periods
- Regestrone to postpone periods or induce periods
- Could ponstan forte causeamissed period
- Irregular periods since using ponstan
- Ponstan delay period
- Ponstan change the cycle of period
- Does ponstan change regularity of periods
- Ponstan forte to induce periods
- Can ponstan stop periods
- Ponstan cause delay in period