Can Phenytoin toxicity cause leukodystrophy?
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message. I think I can help you.
Phosphenytoin toxicity causes myalgia and myopathy. the cpk levels are raised due to the muscles.
Once the muscle conditions settles the cpk will reduce to normal.
And yes, it can exacerbate the leukodystrophy.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal
About the CK. If known Phenytoin toxicity exists would I not want to test for specific brain enzymes...CK-BB ... to isolate or qualify that brain was being impacted by the toxicity?
No need to test ck bb
They are the side effects of the drug.
I cannot possibly explain the complex mechanisms of the interactions between the compounds. It needs years of medical education to understand the mechanism.
They are available on net anyways in case you have some background training.
And no there is no need to test ck BB.
Best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the possible reasons for tingling and numbness in my left arm?
- What does dark smelly stools when suffering from diabetes indicate?
- Can I take Ganaton, Motilium and Neksium for severe stomach pain?
- What can cause bumps around my foreskin and why am I having electric...
- Is low testosterone and high TSH related to anterior pituitary gland...
- What is the cure for dementia, high cholesterol and macular degeneration...
- Is pain pump a good solution for burning pain after colonoscopy while...
- Suggest treatment for hyperthyroidism
- Is it safe to consume whisky while taking insulin for diabetes?
- Are there any alternatives to benzodiazepine drugs to control anxiety?