Can Paroxetine be taken for depression?
I think you need to continue
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
Paroxetine is a SSRI group of antidepressant. Although it is classified as Antidepressant its works extends much beyond the depression. It is effective in treatment of depression, phobic disorders, anxiety disorders, PTSD, OCD and lot more conditions.
In your case it seems that it was prescribed for control of racing mind. I understand that clonazepam works well but clonazepam can not be continued for long time due to addiction potential. Over a time we need something which do not have addiction propensity and paroxetine fulfills this criteria.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can nexito 10 be taken for depression
- Why am i feeling depressed after taking paroxetine tablet
- Irritability nausea fatigue depressed paroxetine didn t help suggestions
- Have psychotic depression taken valium what is happening
- What medicines should be taken for depression
- Pain in lower stomach prescribed paroxetine no depression suggestions
- What treatment should be taken for depression
- Should salipaz or cipralex be taken for depression
- Depression taking oleanz can it be taken alternative days
- Mood swings depression taken sertraline and lithium suggestions