Can Pantoprazole, Oxycodone and Fluoxetine be taken together?
there are some interactions
let me start from the obvious: pantoprazole and omeprazole should not be used together because they belong to the same drug class, that is they're similar drugs.
There are also some (more important problems) with the rest of the drugs.
Trazodone, oxycodone and fluoxetine may interact with each other and increase the risk for serotonin syndrome which is a serious and potentially fatal syndrome. This syndrome may present with various symptoms including hallucinations, altered consciousness, shivering, tremor, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, nausea, confusion, tachycardia, unstable blood pressure, sweating, abdominal cramps, etc.
Oxycodone, trazodone, baclofen, fluoxetine, butalbital may increase the risk for central nervous system side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, etc. If they're well tolerated then this is OK...
I hope you find my comments helpful!
Baclofen for my stomach, which was prescribed by a GI Doctor while I was in the hospital. Should I stop that? Butalbital is taken as needed for migraines.
I is all overwhelming and a little confused as to what to do.
I will stop either the omeprzole or the pantoprazole. No problem.
I am a little confused about the other things. I take trazodone as a sleep aid, fluoxetine for depression and oxycodone when the pain is unbearable. What would you suggest. Sounds like it might be a bad combo?
Baclofen for my stomach prescribed by a GI Doctor while I was in the hospital. Should I stop that? Butalbital as needed for migraines.
It is all overwhelming and not sure how to proceed. ???
You should talk about it with your pcp
First of all, let me clarify that I can't - and won't try to - substitute your doctor. All I know about you and your history can fit in a couple of lines, so I shouldn't really give you any advice.
I can share my thoughts though and perhaps you can use them to discuss this matter with your PCP.
If trazodone is only used to help with sleep induction then substituting it for another drug might be appropriate. The interaction between oxycodone and fluoxetin is less important than their interaction with trazodone. Since oxycodone is only used circumstantial, the importance of interactions becomes even less important.
The interaction between the rest is less important too, particularly if you don't experience excessive sleepiness or incoordination with them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hydrocodone oxycodone together
- Will eltroxin and pantoprazole taken together cause side effects
- Morphine oxycodone together
- Diclofenac and oxycodone together
- Fluoxetine and wellbutrin together
- Taking morphine and oxycodone together
- Pantoprazole with acidophilus
- Can oxycodone be taken with lyrica
- Himcocid pantoprazole
- Kalms and fluoxetine together
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?