Can PCOS cause elevation in DHEA levels?
Yes, DHEA level increase in PCOS.
Thanks for trusting healthcaremagic about your health care.
I can understand your concerns here.
Yes DHEA level can increase in PCOS also.
You were diagnosed as a case of 21- hydroxylase enzyme deficiency ( congenital adrenal hyperplasia), Are you having any other symptoms like ambiguous genitilia also.
Before giving my opinion about it I want to ask a few questions from you.
- Are you having other symptoms of PCOS like facial hair growth, obesity, scanty menses etc?Have you done your ultrasound, hormonal profile ( lh, fsh, progesterone levels), thyroid profile, Prolactin level, sodium, potassium level?
- Are you having any reports?
Please revert back to me with my answers.
Hope to hear from you soon.
It is most probably due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency ( mild form).
Sorry for a long delay in my response.
I have gone through your history and symptoms and feel very sorry about your problems and can understand your frustration for it.
With your history and description in my opinion it is most probably due to mild 21- hydroxylase deficiency with high androgen levels and no mineralocortical deficiency.
You should consult a good endocrinologist and get yourself examined and took hormonal supplement time to time.
You can go for reconstructive surgery.
Take healthy and balanced diet to maintain weight.
Do yoga and meditation.
Do not get depressed it will further enhanced your problem.
Hope for the best and don't be dishartened yourself.
Hopefully found useful, feel free to discuss more.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- After having had waistband on, gets nauseous. Is it related?
- Had unprotected sex who is not virgin. Can I have STD if I will have...
- Had blood in mid cycle, tender breasts. Have IUD. Sonogram showed thick...
- Having delayed periods. Prescribed with sysron, not yet got my periods....
- Labia minora is swollen, painful and radiates. Noticed 3 hard and...
- Recently started yaz, got bleeding post sex, not on periods due. What...
- Pregnant. Having fever at night and early morning, weakness, bitter...
- I am pregnant. Is it safe to travel by plane in second trimester?
- Nursing mother. Missed period. Experiencing pain in tail bone while...
- Got vaginal bleeding after taking ipill and missed for next month. What...