Can Oxycodone cause elevated AST and ALT levels in the body?
it is a possible side effect
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Oxycodone can cause an increase in liver enzymes eg AST, ALT, though not as commonly as tylenol/acetaminophen, it can occur.
This means that it is possible that the oxycodone had an effect on the liver enzymes.
If your pain level is reduced or you have an alternative, then you should stop the medication and repeat the tests after at least a few weeks.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dizziness with elevated alt and ast levels
- What causes elevated ast and alt levels
- High alt levels but alt < ast
- Elevated ast borderline alt level
- Oxycodone clearance from body
- Elevated alt and ast levels indicative of liver cancer
- Can clarithromycin and cause elevated ast/alt levels
- Causes of constipation elevated ast alt
- Chronically elevated alt and ast levels, vascular function
- Alt level in your body should be