Can Oxycodone be taken while on Fental patches for chronic pain?

Posted on Thu, 10 Jul 2014 in Pain Management
Question: If a patient has just started using fental patches for chronic pain. Can they still take oral prescription oxycodone 5-325.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes.they can still take oxycodone. needs monitorin

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

Yes. The patient can take low dose oxycodone if intolerable pain. But need to be precautious about the side effects as the combination of tablet and patch will give rise to higher systemic dosage. It would be better to get the dose adjusted by your prescribing doctor.

I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Lohit K