Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
I wanted the DR. to know that I took oxycodone 30mg. q4h for the past 3 and one half years and have a huge tolerance to opiates. Unfortunately my DR. retired on March 31st. and no one writes any more!!! The reason for taking the medication is chronic back pain.
We are an informational service only
Sorry, but we are unable to prescribe on this service. I might mention that in the U.S. where I am based prescriptions for oxycodone require direct contact with the patient.
First, is this even a good idea. It is rather a bit more than the average amount of narcotics. Assuming you have a documented disk disease, frankly, although the dose is a bit high, the literature strongly suggests non-narcotic medications are going to fail on most everyone exactly like they did with you. The problem is that at this dose you are guaranteed to run into problems:
3) painted into corner. Back pain has better and worse days. You are about at the highest safe dosage. When the back pain is worse, you've nowhere to go.
4) addiction, maybe, but I doubt it. You've been steady without drug problems for how many years ? Addicts get into SERIOUS problems managing their narcotics in fairly short order.
Sadly, ER . Ideally the ER that has your MRI/documentation of back/arthritis/x-rays etc. proving you have what you have. Get pain management definitely, drug management....maybe.
I hope this was helpful. If I had a location I could be Far More Helpful. and best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain middle of back
- Pain patches for back pain
- What causes back pain while taking oxycodone
- Back pain and itchy back
- Pelvic pain and back pain
- Back pain in ict back pain
- Chest pain and back pain
- Back pain and cracking back
- Is lower back pain and wrist pain due to metformin
- Oxycodone for back pain
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...