Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
You can try, can try tab. Terol LA or urikind and other measures.
As you had UTI and now it's cleared up. It's good. UTI is the most common cause of bladder spasm or overactive bladder.
You can try oxybutynin er for bladder spasm, but as a physician, I think you should take tab. Terol LA 2 mg or tab. Urikind. As these are prescriptions medicine, so consult with Urologist.
Other common causes of bladder spasm are bladder stone, excess use of caffeine or alcohol, diabetes, disturbed kidney functions and certain medications like tablet lasix. So kindly follow up with detailed history. For that, I will suggest you ultrasound abdomen and pelvis, random blood sugar level, kidney function test after consultation.
Along with that keep yourself hydrated. Avoid spicy hot foods. Avoid alcohol, smoking, excess tea, coffee. Do regular pelvic and Kegel exercises.
I think this will clarify your concerns.
Dr. Shyam B. Kale, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gall bladder spasms causes
- Vesicare dosage for bladder spasms
- Pain meds for bladder spasms
- Kidney stone bladder spasm
- Anti bladder spasm causes
- Bladder spasms after kidney stones
- Bladder spasms after hysterectomy
- Natural remedy for bladder spasms
- Levsin for bladder spasms
- Can losartan cause bladder spasms and uti in women
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?