Can Ovuloc be taken for a long duration?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I am 49 yrs old.taking ovuloc tab since last 5yrs.shall I stop it now
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Preferably stop

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Any oral contraceptive pill should preferably be stopped after 40 years, as it increases the cause of diabetes, hypertension and blood clotting.
Therefore, after using it for 5 years, I will suggest you to stop it now.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
If I stop it now whether my periods cycles will affect.in case any problems in period cycle what I have to do.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Progesterone

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Generally, stopping Pills do not effect the cycle.
If any problem is there. then you should consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination and get treatment accordingly. In that case, only progesterone needs to be given.
Dr Deepti Verma

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 23 hours later
At what stage progestrone to be used?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depends upon the pathology

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Progesterone is used for either 21 days or 10 days depending upon the pathology.
The duration will be decided by your treating doctor.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D