Can NyQuill cold and flu be taken after using Robitussin liquid-gels?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi if I took robitussin liquid-gels about two hours ago can I take nyquill cold & flu or Tussi-Organid now to stop coughing.or should I just take Sudafed
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only sudafed is possible

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mingionep, you can not take nyquill cold and fu following robitussin liquid gel as both preparations contain dextromethorphan .you can not take tussi-organid following robitussin liquid gel as both preparations cause the side effect of drowsiness . it is bette to use sudafed. I hope I answered your question. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion and rate the answer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy