Can Norovirus cause cough, full body aches and runny nose?

Question
I have no idea if I need drugs or not. For 3 days - Monday through today, I have had a constant, cough, nose blowing, ache all over...I cannot sleep. My glands are up. Is this a "noro virus" or the "flu" or what. I think I have turned the corner but still feel lousy. Help.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably Flu. tylenol or paracetamol.

Detailed Answer:
Dear,
Thank you for posting on HealthcareMagic.

As you described it, these can be the symptoms of a seasonal Flu. It can go on its own but is better if you support your body with some medications.

Instead of Advil, consider taking Tylenol or Paracetamol. Drink a lot of warm tea with lemon. Please start taking immune system booster, e.g. Vitamin C.

Consider eating plenty of warm soups and simple homemade foods in greater quantity in general since your body needs more energy. It is essential to rest and to stay in warm places.

If you have other question, please feel free to post them.

Dr. Eni

Follow-up: Can Norovirus cause cough, full body aches and runny nose? 25 hours later
If I go on Z-Pak, should I still take Tylenol for my temperature at the same time or is that overdosing?

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Eni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can take them both.

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

You can take them both.
That is not overdosing, because they are different drugs and work on different ways against the flu.

Dr. Eni