question-icon

Can Norflox TZ and Metrogyl be taken together?

Posted on Mon, 8 Dec 2014
Question: Hi, can norflox tz 400 & metrogyl 400 be taken together? Suffering from collision doctor prescribed oflox 200 & metrogyl 400 for 5 days two day's over but no relief. Not suffering from loose Motion but pain on right side of stomach. Whole abdomen Sonography is normal.
Pl. Reply. Thanks. -XXXXX Doctor dignosed colitis Pl.
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
This combination is not recommended.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to HCM forum.

Norflox TZ and metrogyl is not given together. The former contains Tinidazole, which is similar to Metrogyl (both belongs to same class) and so not used together.

Further, an infection that fails to respond to oflox and metrogyl is very unlikely to respond to Norflox and Metrogyl.

So, kindly get back to your doctor for reviewing the diagnosis and antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing for a faster cure.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Muhammed Aslam