Can Nifedical be taken with Hydrochlorozide?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Can I safely take Nifedical 60mg with Hydrochlorozide 12.5 mg So far today, starting ai 4:45am I've taken two 325mg aspirin, 50mg total of metaprolol and 40 mg lisinopril.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Risk of hypotension

Detailed Answer:

Taking Nifedical and Hydrochlorothizide can cause blood pressure to fall very suddenly. I would consider it risky to take both medication at the same time.

Metaprolol also can cause hypotension. if taken anywhere near the above two drugs can cause serious reduction in the blood pressure.

The rest medications are fine.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.