Can Nexium be taken along with Elavil and Paxil?
One medicine is enough
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concern. Both of the medicine you got prescribed to are effective in anxiety and the dose is quite low.
If you have been my patient, I would have preferred one medication only, albeit at higher dose.
In case I decide to prescribe paxil I start with 12.5 mg a day and increase it to 12.5 mg twice a day or 25 mg per day.
I do not prefer Elavil with paxil as they may be cause of serotonin syndrome which is quite serious side effect with combination of these two medications.
There is no contraindication with nexium and you can take safely with any of the other medication.
Having said this please talk to your doctor to modify your prescription.
'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Continue with Paxil
Thanks for reverting back to me.
Feeling bad is common side effect of paxil which lasts generally less than one week so no need to worry about that. But in case this is very troublesome see your doctor as soon as possible and stop Elavil.
"If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health".
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hunger pain at night taken zantac and nexium help
- Ibs and elavil
- Can dorofen be taken along with nexium
- Is elavil a triptan
- Elavil in the elderly
- Elavil chostochondritis
- Taken lexapro paxil for temper issues and anxiety help
- Can nexium be taken with methadone
- Elavil and xanax
- Can nexium be taken together with ganaton
- Suggest treatment for relapse of anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for REM sleep behavior disorder
- Suggest an alternative medicine to Metoclopramide
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Can methamphetamine be passed to someone else through body fluids?
- What is the effect of Adderall on baby during pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for female orgasmic disorder
- After what time period of drinking alcohol can Risperidone and...
- Suggest treatment for mood swings and anxiety