Can Neti Pot be used for chronic sinusitis?
neti pot will not clear ear infection
The best and optimum use of neti pot is for chronic sinusitis and allergies and its efficacy in acute sinusitis is not proven.
There is a theoretical possibility of the infection actually spreading to the ear, through the nose when you use a neti pot and it is best avoided in this situation.
Steam is a better option , it will help open up the blocked eustachian tube ( tube from the nose to the ear) and help relieve your ear block.
I hope I have answered your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is deltasone used in the treatment of chronic sinusitis ?
- Stomach cramps and chronic sinusitis
- Hashimoto and chronic sinusitis
- Chronic sinusitis red eyes
- Lethargy due to chronic sinusitis
- Chronic sinusitis with headache and whooshing
- Hashimotos thyroiditis and chronic sinusitis
- Sinus surgery for chronic sinusitis
- Medical marijuana chronic sinusitis
- High esr chronic sinusitis
- Does GERD cause headaches,dizziness and dry mouth?
- What causes sneezing in the morning followed by runny nose?
- What causes persistent sore throat with white spots in throat?
- What causes low voice and strain in throat?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with swollen tonsils
- What causes sudden BP dropping and burning lips and mouth roof?
- What causes itching and swelling on ear lobes?
- What causes loud ringing in ears?
- What causes sensitive scalp and ear bone?
- IS frequent use of Alerfix M safe?