Can Nabumetone be taken while having emphysema and atherosclerosis?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 16 Nov 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: My husband has emphysema and severe large atherosclerosis in his large arteries, including compete blockage
in his his right internal carotid artery. Is it safe for him to take Nabumetone 750 MG for arthritic pain?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be used with precautions.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Nabumetone use as with other NSAID drugs when used long term (up to three years) is found to increase the risks of thrombotic events in patients with cardiovascular disease like your husband, so, if it is very necessary, lowest dose should be used (500 mg) and no longer than few months.

In my opinion, Nabumetone may be used, but with precautions.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad