Can Mifeprin and Zitotec be taken together during pregnancy?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: My wife 1 month pregnant ,,how to use mifeprin and Ziotec tablet..plz advise.. Am from XXXXXXX , can we use Mifeprin and ziotec at the same time,Monday she need to go to XXXXXXX . we had same problem last year,, plz advise,

Answered by Dr. Soumya 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to identify location of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

I understand that you wish to terminate pregnancy.

These medicines are used for termination of pregnancy if she is pregnant.

It is always safe to get an ultrasound scan done before taking these medicines. These medicines are dangerous and life threatening if taken in conditions like ectopic pregnancy which can be identified by ultrasound scan.

Please attach ultrasound scan report so that I can advice you further on these medicines.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 23 minutes later
I need your help in how in how to use that tablet which is mentioned in prescription.I already did it..its positive.

I already give u the prescription.

1)Mifeprin 200 Mg 3-0-0( understood)( first day)
2)Zitotec 200 mg 2-0-0( is that n same day)
3) Zitotec 200 mg-2-0-0( third day or second day)

why voveran and enest use for

Answered by Dr. Soumya 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Voveran is pain killer

Detailed Answer:

Voveran is pain killer.

Mifeprin is taken once on day 1.

After 48 hours Zitotec 200 mg 2 tablets preferably vaginally.

After 24 hours another 2 tablets of Zitotec 200 mg.

Hope your query is answered.