Can Metronidazole for stomahcache cause instant death?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 4 Oct 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: my wife was prescribed cyprofloxacin 500 mg tablets twice a daily for 7 days for stomach pain. She was also perscribed metronidazole 500 mg 1 by mouth twice daily. She has been taking the metronidazole for 4 days with no difference. But after researching the cyprofloxacin she refused to take it because it says it can cause instant death. Were wondering how severe this warning is. did it just so happen to happen 1 person so now they have to say that or should she not take at all. She is 76 years young but is getting no relief in legs and are looking for a professional opinion.
I WANT MY MONEY REFUNDED IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!!
I PAY $15.00
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ciprofloxacin induced sudden death is rarest .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* First of all I would like to convey that ciprofloxacin is a very safe drug , has
certain side effects of rash , abdominal discomfort or else , but sudden death
is the rarest occasion . Do not panic with that .

* Non of these 2 drugs are for leg pain , so kindly specify your current problems
with all details and if any other drugs are given along with these 2 .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad