Can Metpure XL cause bleeding during bowel movement?

Question
Dear Doctor,
I have mitral valve prolapse since birth and presently I am 50 years old.
By god's grace, I am able to do my routine activities fairly well.
However, after review of the regurgitation etc., my cardiac Doctor has suggested for METPURE XL 12.5 to be taken a tablet daily. I feel good taking it.
However for over six years I have been having piles and recently it has started bleeding while passing motion as well.
Could it be due to the thinning of the blood by METPURE XL and if so what is the remedy.
Your expert advise is solicited.
Thanks a lot.
XXXX
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No..your guess is wrong

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Mild cases of Mitral valve prolapse lead their life almost asymptomatic . Metpure is Metoprolol which is a beta blocker agent which reduces the burden on your heart by decreasing the heart rate. So Metpure is not responsible for your piles problem. Also its doesnt have any action over your blood , your guess is wrong about thinning of blood by Metpure.

Piles can be caused by excessive straining during passage of stools, obesity, Improper dietary habbits....etc

I suggest you consult a good surgeon near by to your location. But dont stop Metpure.

regards,
DR.VENKAT M.D