Can Methylphenidate for treating a dog bite cause any adverse side-effects?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been given methylprednisolone as I am recooperating from a major foot bite by large dog. I'm to take four grams. Fist day 6 pills and then down. I also take methylphenidate for add. Other Ned's for hypertension. Cholesterol eats. After reading script info am afraid to take
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no interactions with methylphenidate but can check the other medications

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The particular blood pressure and cholesterol medications used are not mentioned.

Methylphenidate and methylprednisolone were checked in the drug interaction checker and they do not interact. This means that they can be used safely.

You can consider providing the names of the other medications that you use to see if there is any specific interaction with these medications. Will check them for you.

Methylprednisolone and any steroid medication, can potentially increase the blood pressure and blood sugar but this change is temporary and the effect of the drug stops soon after the medication course is completed.

There are also other potential side effects but they tend to occur in the minority not majority of persons.

The percentage of persons who normally experience the possible side effects is commonly listed on the insert.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions