• question-icon

Can Meloxicam cause sore throat?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, I see you list one of the side effects of meloxicam as sore throat. I was prescribed meloxicam for possible arthritic pain in the ankle and knee, but had been doing physical therapy on feet, knees, and hips for sciatica and spinal stenosis. The sore throat was almost immediate after taking the meloxicam--less than one day duration.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
try another anti-inflammatory

Detailed Answer:
Talk to your doctor about trying another anti-inflammatory medication for your arthritis.
Meloxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine and there are many others that your doctor may suggest that do not have that side effect.
If the side effect of sore throat is gone and you are still taking the medicine then you could probably continue it.
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson