Can Magnesium and Psyllium be taken for constipation daily?

Posted on Thu, 15 Dec 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I'm taking magnesium and psyllium for constipation and fear I might be taking too much magnesium but I have such difficulty if I don't take something.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible side effects, stop using them.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear XXXXX! I have gone through your questions and understand your concern .

These are good for constipation but have side effect on high dosage .
Stop using psyllium and Magnesium , the difficult breathing back pain , confusion could be caused by them.

This is an acute situation that need further examinations by your family doctor or to the nearby hospital, a 12 lead EKG should be done at the earliest... sometimes Magnesium causes hypotension and slowing heart beat.

It's important to go to your doctor to rule out any other complications and he/she can do some clinical examination to help you with the constipation.

Drink plenty of water meanwhile. Eat fruits ,vegetables, high fibers food and exercise ( moderate walking), These are an alternative Eat to help you with the constipation problem.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions , I'll be happy to help.
Take Care .
Dr Rudina

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rudina Balliu