Can MT pill be taken to terminate pregnancy after a cesarean delivery?

Nephrologist
Question
Hi, my wife had undergone cesarean delivery 5years back.Her LMP was 30 days back.Her pregnancy test is positive. Could she take MT pill to terminate the pregnancy?
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MT pill can be taken

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

MT pill can be taken in women who have undergone cesarean section. However I must add that no medical termination of pregnancy should be done without the supervision of an obstetrician. Please approach a good obstetrician for guidance

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Can MT pill be taken to terminate pregnancy after a cesarean delivery? 2 days later
I asked the obstetrician for the same and she told that MT pill can be taken. I would like to know that shall I give the pill right now or wait for the uterus implantation of the fertilized egg as the doctor suggested?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back

For better success rate I also suggest to wait till uterus implantation of the fertilized egg.

Follow-up: Can MT pill be taken to terminate pregnancy after a cesarean delivery? 7 minutes later
According to LMP how long shall I wait.shall i go for ultrasound to be certain?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back

Implantation occurs at 4 weeks and getting the ultrasound done before and after taking the MT pill is the ideal way to go about it