Can MS cause issues with long distance vision?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hi Dr. Rynne, I have been diagnosed with MS. Since taking Vitamin D and Tecfidera, I not had any symptoms for months. My left eye tends to focus a little less far distance although i can read very fine print up close. I have been taking PT for my left leg that had gotten weak and the strength is slowly returning. Do you think the left eye symptom is related to MS? There appears to be a brownish disoloration that extends beyond the circular brown portion of my eye, otherwise my vision is fine and I do not wear glasses.
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some investigations are required.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for questioning on HCM,

In some patients of MS clot may be formed in atrium which my migrate to a particular vessel can be eye in your case and may cause problem related to vision.
To rule out the possibility would recommend you to go for-
Opthalmoscopic examination of retina
slit lamp examination
if both are normal you need not to worry about it and you may need a power correction in left eye.
Attach a picture of eye with follow up.
Thank you sir.

Follow-up: Can MS cause issues with long distance vision? 1 hour later

Attached you will find a photo of the eye. It is my left eye(to your right). I can see small print just find but when I view white print against a black background on the TV, the right eye focuses just fine but the left focuses when I go closer to the screen.The brownish I mentioned seems to be minimal on the edge. Please advise and thank you. You should be able to enlarge the picture view.

I do not see where to attach a photo I took with my phone. Oh okay, I uploaded it as a report. Thank You

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reply to follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Have seen it,
No change in earlier suggestions.
Go for the investigations and follow up with report.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Can MS cause issues with long distance vision? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX

Did you notice anything from your observation of the picture that you would consider noticeable?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Even after zooming the picture i can't appreciate anything that appears to be serious therefore i would suggest you to go for the tests.

Take care and thanks

Follow-up: Can MS cause issues with long distance vision? 15 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX

Your prompt response is greatly appreciated. I will make arrangements to have the examination(s) performed.
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Get well soon.
Thanks and tske care.