Can Lyrica be taken for peripheral neuropathy?
If symptoms are troublesome,you can take Lyrica.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
I need to tell you here that if symptoms are troublesome,you can continue with Lyrica.
May I know that about which side effect of Lyrica,are you worried that much, because in clinical practice,neurologists frequently prescribe Lyrica to neuropathy patients and clinical side effects are not that marked.
So,I suggest you to continue Lyrica along with methylcobalamin supplementation.
I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with further queries.
It should be strictly occasional.
Thanks for being in follow-up.
It actually depends upon the frequency and the amount.Its ok if you are taking it on strictly occasional basis.That too, with a limited amount-like just one glass, as you said.
However, a few things to be kept in mind are-
1)Combined effect of alcohol and lyrica can make you sedated or extremely sleepy.
2)Monitor your blood sugar well.Strict control of Diabetes is vital to reduce the progression of neuropathy as well.
If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Moderate axonal peripheral neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy lumbago
- Peripheral neuropathy and menstruation
- Peripheral neuropathy discharge planning
- Peripheral neuropathy after a vasectomy
- Peripheral neuropathy frontotemporal dementia
- Postpartum peripheral neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy and sneezing
- Peripheral neuropathy psychosomatic
- Peripheral neuropathy of the gums