Can Losartan or Gabapentin cause skin rashes with sore and raw nipples?

Excellent

Question
I am on LOSARTAN 25MG per day for blood pressure...also on GABAPENTIN 800MG 3x/day
for the past few months, I have been experiencing a couple skin rashes along with my nipples being raw, erect and sore
and I can't seem to lose weight as I have tried almost everything....removed dairy, reduced meat, removed grains and starches, removed sugars....I weight train 3x/week along with some treadmill work

does LOSARTAN or GABAPENTIN cause the skin rashes and/or prohibit me from losing weight and do these medicines increase estrogen in my body...I am a male, 53 years old

thx, XXXXXXX

Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gabapentin can cause obesity according to recent studies.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query with diligence. According to the recent studies Gabapentin use in older people can increase their obesity. Percentage chances of obesity is 27 percent in above 50s and 35 percent in above 60s.
Losartan can cause rash in some people. In that case it is better to change to other alternative medication. Can change to Telmisartan or olmesartan and see whether it is tolerable.
Over the counter antihistamines like Zyrtec(cetirizine) can be used for the rash.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Can Losartan or Gabapentin cause skin rashes with sore and raw nipples? 10 hours later
Thank You Dr,

is there a safe substitute for gabapentin

when I see my primary in a couple of weeks I will ask about the losartan alternatives

thx, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would suggest Ginko biloba and physiotherapy.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up.

I would suggest taking Ginko biloba and physiotherapy in place of Gabapentin. But you need to wear off Gabapentin slowly.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.