Can Lomotil cause tinnitus?

Question
hi, I am taking diphenoxylate/atropine 2.5mg, along with other drugs. can this generic lomotil cause ringing in the ear?
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not a direct contributor

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Lomotil (diphenoxylate/atropine) is unlikely to cause ringing in the ears. However, the reason for which you are taking lomotil i.e. increased passage of stools, can lead to fluid depletion and that could precipitate ringing in the ears. You therefore need to ensure a good intake of water and ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost water and salts.

Let me know if I could help further.