Can Lomotil be taken safely for bowel issues while having colon cancer?
Wrong drug selection.
Lomotil is not a good drug and chances of permanent paralytic ileus are always there with its use (paralysis of intestine).
I would recommend you to use antispasmodic like dicyclomine(much safer then lomotil) along with agents like imodium. They are safe and very effective.
Don't use lomotil and switch over to another safe drug before it causes paralysis in intestines.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Thanks and regards!
Yes, you should wait for a few days.
Take a good laxative daily till then.
Hope I have answered your query.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of bowel/colon cancer
- Lazy bowel after colon cancer
- Colon cancer ascending colon
- Does loose bowels mean colon cancer
- Treatment and cure for bowel/colon cancer
- Drugs/medication for bowel/colon cancer
- Symptoms of bowel/colon cancer
- Kidwai cancer for colon cancer
- Colon cancer to liver cancer
- Bowel/colon cancer causes