Can Levsin cause a residual stool lining to form in the ascending colon?
Can be very likely a side effect of Levsin. Hyoscyamine is usually not very well tolerated by patients and therefore doses should be increased only under guidance of doctor.
Hello and thanks for choosing this forum for your query dear patient,
Yes Levsin is a very strong drug and is not commonly used these days.It can cause severe gut related side effect including nausea vomiting loose stools and diarrhea. Dicyclomine is much safe and better tolerated by most of the patients.It could definitely be a side effect of High dose of levsin.
I would suggest you to stop levsin for few days and start with 10mg twice to thrice daily dose of dicyclomine for 2 week and see how symptoms responds to it.
Hope i was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses