Can Lansoprazole,Cephalexin and Clarithromyc be taken together?
Yes,he can take these drugs all together.
I am Dr.Rovena.
I had gone through your query and understand your concern.
Lansoprazole is in a class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors (PPI) which block the production of acid by the stomach. PPI are used for the treatment of conditions such as ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease that are caused by stomach acid. Lansoprazole blocks the enzyme in the wall of the stomach that produces acid. By blocking the enzyme, the production of acid is decreased, and this allows the stomach and esophagus to heal.
Cephalexin belongs to a class of antibiotics called cephalosporins.
Common infections that are treated with cephalexin include infections of the middle ear, tonsils, throat, larynx (laryngitis), bronchi (bronchitis) and pneumonia.
Clarithromycin is a semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic. Clarithromycin has been used in combination with omeprazole in treating H. Pylori that causes stomach ulcers.
Your husband need to take all these medications together to treat his two conditions:Bronchitis (Cephalecin) and Gastritis (Lansoprazole + Clarithromycin)
He can take all this together.Ther is no danger interaction between them.
Hope I was able to help you.If you have further questions feel free to write me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Xanax and citalopram taken together
- Alprazolam and lorazepam taken together
- Macrobid and bactrim taken together
- Amlodipine and atenolol taken together
- Ramipril and bisoprolol taken together
- Methimazole and adderall taken together
- Glipizide and metformin taken together
- Amoxicillin and vyvanse taken together
- Betahistine and sinarest to be taken together
- Ativan and klonopin taken together