Can L Montus be given to child for cold and rhinitis?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: We are giving l months for 4 years old kid for last 3 weeks as prescribed by our pediatrician; total dosage is 6 weeks. This morning she got a running nose; what medicine we can give along with l months. Please suggest suitable combination for cold
Please read L Montus syrup instead of 'l months' in the first line;typo.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal saline nasal drops or steam inhalation are recommended.

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome.
I can understand your concern for your beloved kid.

L-Montus syrup contains a combination Levocetirizine & Montelukast which is effective in the treatment of allergic conditions like rhinitis & cold associated with wheezing.
It is safe for long term use, you may please continue to use as prescribed by the pediatrician.

If you kid is having running nose without fever or cough or sore throat, you may give him/her normal saline nasal drops or steam inhalation or humidified air to relieve the symptoms.

Hope the answer given was helpful for you. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish your kid good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 18 hours later
Dear Dr, Thanks for your response. In night, she had cough, stuffy nose, sneezing & runny nose. Can we start any other medicine like Coughstop, XXXXXXX juniour along with L-Montus??? No fever so far. She did not sleep properly in night. But active now. Mucus from nose looks mild yellow.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 2 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX junior may be given

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for your reply.

If she had cough and did not sleep properly you may please give her XXXXXXX junior syrup. Generally it is safe, however it can cause drowsiness, dry mouth, & increased heart beat.

Hope this answers your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D