Can Krill oil cause kidney damage?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: took krill oil and my kidneys are overacting every 1hr or so. any help, I plan to go to my urologist tomorrow if I can get in.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Krill oil is Essential Fatty Acid Supplement and has no action on kidney

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have not mentioned your age and problem that you are facing .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) What is your age ?
2) Do you have obstructive voiding symptoms like frequency,urgency,nocturia .poor stream etc ?
3) Are you diabetic?

Please do write in details as regards your problem .I shall be happy to address your concern .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D