Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
I do not recommend Ketamine for treatment of depression.
Ketamine is an anesthetic drug that is used in surgical procedures.
I strongly don't recommend it for the back pain.
I also do not recommend it for treating depression because of its side effects. Actually, it is not approved for treating depression.
There are many side effects of Ketamine and one of them is an addiction. Other side effects can be psychosis, amnesia etc.
I recommend to see your psychiatrist for a better option.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is vanatrip used in the treatment of chronic depression ?
- Chronic depression and anxiety
- Major depression vs chronic depression
- Meloprax for chronic depression
- How to treat chronic depression
- Suffering from chronic depression symptoms please help him
- Diagnosed with chronic depression feeling hypersensitivity in hands reason
- What is the cure for chronic depression
- Chronic depression what happens
- Meds for chronic depression
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?