Can Irbesartan cause anemia?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HealthcareMagic!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that anemia is not a known adverse effect of irbesartan.
Coming to this point I would recommend performing further tests to investigate for the possible causes underlying anemia:
- complete blood count ( including MCV)
- iron levels for possible deficiency
- kidney and liver function tests
- vitamin B12 levels in case of high MCV
- a urine analysis
- a stool analysis for blood
- PCR and ESR for chronic inflammation.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?