Can Indomethacin be taken while on Diltiazem and Isosorbide?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 9 May 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Good evening, I recently had two stints placed in blocked arteries to my heart, the meds I'm taking ( Brilinta, Diltiazem, Isosorbide seemed to have triggered my gout, can i take indomethacin while taking these medications?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care, no indomethacin in ACS

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. I acute coronary syndrome low doses of aspirin are given which interfere with uric acid excretion and can lead to such acute exacerbations for gout. Use of indomethacin is not favourable as it is an NSAID and it can worsen your acute coronary syndrome. You should pay a visit to your rheumatologist, they will prescribe you meds to increase uric acid secretion like allopurinol and some low dose corticosteroids can also be tried. Please consult your doctor and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan