Can Ibuprofen cause a false positive on a drug screen?
yes,ibuprofen can cause false positive results.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
There are some medications that can cross-react with immunoassays and cause false-positives.Ibuprofen is one of them and can cause false positives on a urine drug screen test ,mostly for Cannabinoids, Barbiturates,Methadone, Phencyclidine.
Acetaminophen is not known to interfere with any drug test.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any other question or need any clarification.I would be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Allergic reaction to ibuprofen drugs baby
- Oxyelite pro drug interactions with ibuprofen
- Can ibuprofen cause constipation
- Does ibuprofen cause bloating
- Ibuprofen causing back pain
- Ibuprofen causes hunger
- Microscopic hematuria caused by ibuprofen
- Does exercise remove the drugs in ibuprofen
- Anti-inflammatory drugs ibuprofen
- Ibuprofen cause blood in urine