Can Ibuprofen and Levaquin be taken together?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: An I take ibuprofen and levaquin together
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
They have interaction but only dangerous if you haves seizures jitters

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

These two drugs can be used together but with caution as brufen increases effect of levaquin and doctors advise to take special caution if a person experiences jitters , seizures or has a history of such issues.

With Levaquin we usually advise Tylenol 500mg for pain or any other Acetaminophen preparation i would suggest you to try Acetaminophen if that controls your pain issues that will be great otherwise you can discuss with your doctor about using the meds together. This being said I would like to mention that this is not dangerous in everyone who uses it , in some people it may cause problems and if you use them together then 750mg BD is like 1000mg BD effect. So in peole wgo are prone to have problems with Levaquin we reduce the dose accordingly.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad