Can Ibuprofen and Elavil be taken along with Dicyclomine?
gas probably and gave me a prescription for dicyclomine and said to take a teaspoon every 4 to six hours.
Can I take ibuprofen with this or can I take my usual 10 mg of elavil. The stomach pain hurts;
Ibuprofen not recommended, Elavil can be taken.
I have evaluated your query thoroughly.
* Possible gastric upset.
* Guidelines at present.
- Addition of ibuprofen can increase the discomfort by its possible side effect of stomach upset, so I do not recommend to add Advil with dicyclomine.
- Elavil can be taken along with dicyclomine without problems.
- Along with that, you require to take Proton pump inhibitor as omeprazole and tab. paracetamol.
- Drink more liquids in sessions.
- Take care in dietary intake as a preference for a soft diet and avoid spices.
- Do some walk, light exercises, deep breathing exercises to relieve pain faster.
- Check to have regular smooth bowel movements daily.
* Follow up after 24 hours or early as per the requirement.
Hope I have answered your query.
Wish you find good health ahead.
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dicyclomine and alcohol
- Is dicyclomine an antibiotic
- Is dicyclomine a narcotic
- Can afrin be taken along with ibuprofen and zyrtec
- Dicyclomine and acne
- Is dicyclomine a pain
- Is elavil a triptan
- Elavil in the elderly
- Elavil chostochondritis
- Extreme bloating constipation distended stomach taken dicyclomine colonoscopy normal treatment