Can IPV be missed if OPV is to be given?
Not an issue this time, but get it next time
Thanks for writing to us.
I understand that your baby has not received IPV vaccine. Yes it is not available separately in many places nowadays. However it is available in combination with pentavac( easy six).
Next time you can get that vaccine for 10 and 14 weeks.
Giving IPV is always better as even numerous doses of OPV drops still can't give 100 percent protection.
1. Give OPV drops on 28th.
2. From next month go for combination IPV.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it compulsory to give dpt opv booster five year children
- Painless vaccine of dpt and opv
- Can child be given double dose of opv vaccine
- Is loose motion in a baby side effect of opv
- Is dpt and opv vaccine still necessary at age 7?
- Why opv first dose is known as zero dose
- Opv dpt ipv painless
- Painless vaccination of opv and dpt
- Is dpt opv compulsory vaccine
- Opv and dpt injection baby with g6pd