Can IBS, diverticulosis and ulcerated colitis result in cancer?
Ulcerative colitis may lead to cancer
the answer is simple... IBS and diverticulosis have nothing to do with cancer.
Ulcerative colitis may lead to cancer in 3-5% 10-15 years after disease onset.
Repeat colonoscopies are required
you do have to do a conolonoscopy from time to time. Colonoscopy is advised in any individual over 50 years of age, every 5 years as a preventive measure against colon cancer. You've got an increased risk (albeit small) for colon cancer, so there's one more reason for you to do it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Endometrial cancer and lymphotic colitis
- How to detect diverticulosis or colitis
- Pan colitis and colon cancer
- Colitis vs colon cancer
- Ibs anxiety fear of cancer
- Have ibs colonoscopy indicates diverticulosis can i continue providac daily
- Ulcerative colitis and cancer risk
- Pancreatic cancer or ibs
- Ulcerative colitis and colon cancer
- Does ulcerative colitis cause cancer