Can I use glyceryl trinitrate and transiderm nitro patches to treat high blood pressure?
can i use glyceryl trinitrate, transiderm nitro patches to treat my high blood pressure?
Although nitrates have been found to be beneficial in treating patients with high blood pressure, they have been advised in the form of a diet (eg. green leafy vegetables, beetroot, etc.).
Talking specifically about the Transiderm-Nitro patch. First and most importantly, it is never wise to self-medicate, as different individuals react to a certain medication in a different manner, which is why doctor's thoroughly examine a patient and take down their history before prescribing a certain medication.
The next important point is that, Transiderm-Nitro patches are indicated for the following conditions only:
-Prevent attacks of angina (chest pain caused due to cardiac causes)
-To improve blood supply at sites of insertion of a cannula or needle
There is no indication for its use in treating blood pressure. I would thus advise against its use. Also, it should not be used in individuals with:
-Poor liver function
-Individuals who have had a recent heart attack
-Low body temperature
-Poor kidney function
-Low blood pressure
-Head or brain injury
-Narrowing of arteries
-All heart conditions
-Allergies to nitrates
Please consult your family doctor who is well acquainted with your history and general condition for a suitable medication to control your blood pressure.
I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be happy to help you.
Your response was such a treat.
I appreciate your attitude. Yes sir, 200/120 is quite high indeed. And I do not blame you at all for wanting to try other medications, in order to attain a normal blood pressure. This is exactly what your doctor should be trying actually.
As long as your doctor will be providing you with a prescription, which binds/compels him to monitor and supervise you, I can rest assured that you shall not suffer any adverse effects of the drug. Keep your doctor in the loop always.
I hope this information helps. I wish you loads of luck in achieving a normal blood pressure at the earliest.
My best wishes.
While some research has proved that 100 % oxygen could result in a slight increase in blood pressure (http://www.wwww.www); others have proved that pure and 100% oxygen has no effect or does not influence the blood pressure at all ( WWW.WWWW.WW . But, there exists no documented data proving a lowering of blood pressure from 100 % oxygen administration.
Thus, I think we can safely assume that oxygen would not help. So, this can be ruled out as well.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nitro high blood pressure medication
- Treat high blood pressure naturally
- How to treat high blood pressure naturally
- Nitro for high blood pressure
- Use of acitrom in high blood pressure
- High blood pressure pink patch and swelling
- High blood pressure in using trimovate
- Treating high blood pressure
- How treat high blood pressure
- High blood pressure and meth use
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...