Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Can I use Fucicort cream for Smegma on Penis and moisture near testicles?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14918 Questions
Can I use Fucicort Cream for Smegma on Penis and moiture near my testicles?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fucicort is used for infection and inflammation

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Smegma is a collection of old skin cells, oil and moisture. Though it can make a person more likely to get an infection, smegma itself is not due to an infection.

It is a build up that occurs. It is not treated by the use of anti bacterial creams, treatment of smegma involves retracting the foreskin daily to remove it and prevent any future build up. It is removed by water and a mild soap.You would not need to use the fucicort if you are able to retract the foreskin completely, just remove the smegma.

If you have problems retracting the foreskin then the use of a steroid cream daily for 6 weeks would help. Since fucicort contains a steroid as well, it can be used to help in this. You would simply retract as far as possible, clean the area and apply the cream twice a day for 6 weeks.
Triamcinolone acetate 0.1% is another commonly used cream for this.

The moisture would be treated by wearing cool clothes, avoid any tight clothing and the use of powders that would absorb the moisture.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor