question-icon

Can I take gabapentin along with baclofen for sciatic pain and spasms?

Posted on Sat, 15 Feb 2014
Question: I have sciatic pain and numbness in my left leg...feet go numb once in a while but pain and spasms continue in back of upper leg and behind knee my dr put me on baclofen yesterday...10 mgs per day will this get rid of sciatic pain and spasms...also can I take gabapentin with this medication
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar (5 hours later)
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Yes, you can take gabapentin and baclofen together. Gabapentin would relieve the neuropathic pain, whereas baclofen would reduce spasms and spasticity. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist