Can I take folitrax for arthritis. Is this curable disease?
Thanks for the query.
No, arthritis cannot be totally cured. However if you take proper treatment and treat disease early, then the disease may go into remission and a person may be completely well on minimal or no medication.
Treatment is basically with drugs called DMARDs like methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine.
Side effects of folitrax are usually minimal at the doses given in arthritis. Symptoms like nausea, glossitis and mucositis can be seen. These are much less than the side effects which may be incurred with pain killers like liver and kidney problems.
Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Generally, methotrexate is the main stay of treatment with sazo sometimes if required.
Steroids, we try to taper and stop as soon as possible because of multiple side effects.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can i take folitrax for arthritis is this curable disease
- Psoriatic arthritis drugs folitrax 75 mg
- Is reactive arthritis curable
- Can i take plaquenil for lyme disease, arthritis?
- Diagnosed with arthritis taking steroids folitrax medrol suggestion
- Is arthritis a disease
- Is folitrax 2.5 the right medicine for arthritis?
- What is seronegative arthritis and is it curable
- Is seronegative arthritis curable
- Can i take monodox for lyme disease, arthritis?
- How common is for a person in 60s or 70s of developing rheumatoid...
- Having severe abdominal pain. Tested negative for rheumatoid arthritis...
- Taking folitrax 7.5 mg. Having joint pains. Is rheumatoid arthritis...
- Have wrist pain, negative for rheumatoid factor. Had ITP and...
- Getting tingling fingers, nodule at knuckle. What is the difference...
- Tiredness, headache, taking depression medication. Any suggestions?
- 84 year old having severe arthritis. On morphine patches. How to improve...
- Fall on buttocks. Suffering from back pain. Diagnosed with si joint...
- Tested HLA B27 positive. Feeling fatigued, sensitive back and buttocks....
- Thumb is very sore at the base and noticed swollen blood vessels. How to...