Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Can I take enablex and myrbetric for over active bladder post transurethral resection of the prostate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 10285 Questions
Is there any adverse reaction using enablex and myrbetric for over active bladder I have had turp procedure performed
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: neither of these medications are contraindicated Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Enablex is used to reduce the spasms of the bladder and the urinary tract. There are different side effects of enablex: constipation, dry mouth,nausea, headache, dizziness, dry skin, itching of the skin, muscle aches and pain. Myrbetriq allows filling on the bladder and storage of urine. Side effects of the medication are urinary tract infection, headache, inflammation of the nose and throat. TURP is used to treat symptoms of prostatic symptoms.It involves removing portions of the prostate through the penis. Neither of these medications are contraindicated (cannot be used) in TURP. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor