Can I take duromine if I have a stent in left main artery?

Dr. Anil Grover

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Can I take duromine if I have a stent in my left main artery
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
The standard information listed in physician's drug reference is:
Do not take this medicine if you
have any of the following medical
conditions:
• very high blood pressure
• high blood pressure in the lung
• problems with the valves in your heart
• disease related to blood vessels in the brain
• severe heart disease includingnchanges in the rhythm or rate of the heart beat
• narrowing of the blood vessels due to thickening or hardening of the blood vessel

It is the last point which tells that you should avoid this drug. However, your doctor who has done the stent implantation can add more of the reasons why should you not take it. At the same time, the doctor who has examined you can say the reason for doing stent implantation was different (like dissection of left main while doing routine coronary angiography) therefore, there is no problem in taking. So, if I were you, I will not take the drug or the need is overriding. I will consult my cardiologist.
If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes:

Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW