Can I take duphaston and HCG injection weekly during pregnancy?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: Can we take Duphaston 10mg twice a day,HCG injection weekly together during pregnancy.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
You can take duphaston and Inj HCG weekly for subchorionic hemorrhage.
It will help in sustaining the pregnancy. You need to take complete bed rest.Avoid intercourse.
You fibroids are still small. With careful monitoring,your progression shouldnt be a problem.
Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 39 hours later
As of now i am taking bed rest.Do i need to continue bed rest throughout the pregnancy? or only 12 weeks?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
The first trimester i.e upto 12 weeks is the most important for proper implantation.Then the risk reduces somewhat.So yes,upto 12 weeks you need to be extra careful..Then with your doctor's advice you can proceed with caution. You should repeat an ultrasound after 12 weeks.