Can I take aloe (a herbal laxative) while pregnant?
It is better to avoid during pregnancy.
Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and understand your concern.
Aloe contains latex in it and can be used as a laxative during pregnancy.
It should be taken in a very small quantity like 0.04-0.17gm because it may cause uterine contraction during pregnancy which is harmful to baby and mother (if taken in high doses).
It may cause dependency also if taken regularly as a laxative and it may cause hypoglycaemia during pregnancy because it may decrease sugar levels also. It is better to avoid it during pregnancy.
Hope you found this useful, feel free to ask for more information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest remedy for severe perimenopausal symptoms
- What does this ultrasound report of uterus indicate?
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex despite having depo shot...
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex during safe period?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through non penetrative sex?
- What does my CUE test report indicate?
- When will menstruation resume post intake of Regesterone?
- What causes burning sensation and tightness in vagina during intercourse?
- Is Creon safe to take during pregnancy?
- Is Meprate the right medicine for late period?